Sunday, August 25, 2013

First draft is finished.

I finished the first draft of my novel, and came in at 72,360 words.

First draft is the key descriptor, now there are holes to patch up, character voice to look after, cutting, adding, and then it'll be a second draft manuscript.  Fortunately I think the first draft is probably the hardest part in the sheer quantity of work involved, but the precision involved on the subsequent drafts is what's an issue now.  It's going to say a lot of good if no contradictions, messed up names, or improperly tangled plots are present when it's all done.  It will say the opposite if it's a mess.

So starting Monday I'll be diving into it for revision two.

What I'm wondering now is whether or not to complete all three books before I attempt to find an agent for them.  Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your critiques or constructive comments.