Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Winter

The snowy and cold experience is bogging me down. I find myself wanting to sleep all the time. Do humans have a hibernation instinct?

I'm looking at the weather through the next 5 days and it's bleh. Mid 40s for a high.

I'm wondering what people did back in the days when there was literally nothing to do except chop firewood, feed any animals they might have, and stay inside. Oh, and try not to starve to death, freeze to death, burn themselves to death trying to stay warm, die of smoke inhalation, or whatever other horrors awaited people prior to the modern era.

We have it great, I shouldn't be complaining at all.  But that's the nature of human beings, right?

Regardless, I'm really looking forward to hearing those first songbirds sing. That next day when cars can be driven with the top down. When ATVs can be ridden in blue jeans and dogs can run around all day without any appendages lost in the process, human or dog.

In other words, come on springtime, we're ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your critiques or constructive comments.