Thursday, October 10, 2013

Writing romance

Writing anything mushy, romantic, lovey-dovey, erotic... I've never done it before.

Tonight I rewrote my Chapter 36, totally changing it from a meeting of two officers who discuss recent events to a meeting of two officers who get down and get busy.

I have no idea if it's good or not, I don't even READ romance novels. But these two characters had to get busy, the story demanded it. So busy they got, and I'm going to tap into my resource of friends, fellow writers, and the FBI crime lab computers to determine if this is acceptable romance or not.

I just wish it wasn't 1:15am so I could ask someone now.  I'm sort of in a hurry to either move on to Ch. 37 or to fix this chapter if I screwed it up too bad.

Patience is not my greatest virtue.

EDIT:  on a side note, I entered this novel in the Zebulon Writer's Contest last night.  That felt good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your critiques or constructive comments.